There many options when it comes to learning tennis in Singapore.
Singapore has already held 5 women WTA final tournaments and now we have a ActiveSG tennis academy as well. Tennis has never been more exciting
So, if you have a son or daughter who is at about 6-7 years old, perhaps you may want to give him a legs up in this sports.
With so many tennis courts available both in the public arena , private areas such as condos and clubs, there is certainly no shortage of facilities available.
However, MODERN day tennis has evolved tremendously and the hitting methods have also changed. It is imperative as parent, to obtain correct help either through known relations or paid professional help
So where do you start? Well here are a few options
- Some primary schools have already started CCA programs, with the more established ones running school teams. Some examples include SJI junior, RGS, SCGS, Rosyth, Marymount etc.
2. Introductory Group Lessons
Our national tennis associations (Singapore Tennis Association) and Sport Singapore run many programs from BEGINNER till advanced for many aged groups. They also run quarterly competitions. Details can be found at
Or you could look for group learning partners here.
Or sign up for a group lesson now.
or get telegram alerts of new beginner classesor get telegram alerts of new intermediate CLINICS
3. Private Lessons
Unless you are already networked in the local tennis community, you probably will need to be getting recommendations on coaches. It is imperative that you know the competency level of these coaches. And if you do not have the network then perhaps you can find references from the coaches students (nothing like hearing from the horses mouth ?
This is where this website comes in.
4. Find a Prescreened Certified Coach here
5. ONLINE tennis lesson and Learner Profile
You can also Create a LEARNER profile here. By doing so you can
- register for ONLINE tennis lesson (Some Free and Some Paid)
- share cost of learning through group lessons
- initiate their playing sessions together to continue their learning lessons.